Fishing clubs provide camaraderie, education, angling tips, fishing outings, friendly tournaments and friendships on and off the water. Many feature meetings with guest speakers and dinner and occasional fish fries.
• The Roswell Bass Club
is seeking new members. Both boaters and non-boaters are welcome. The club meets the first Tuesday of each month at Kroger at Winward and Highway 9 in Alpharetta. Meetings begin at 7:30 p.m. For more info about the club and how to join visit www.roswellbassclub.com
or contact Dennis Whitcopf, 770 235-1290.
• Lanier Crappie Anglers Club
– 6:30 p.m. last Thursday monthly in meeting room adjacent to Hammond’s Fishing Center, 4255 Browns Bridge Rd., Cumming. Home cooked meals provided. Tournaments held the following Saturday. Annual dues $30. Dan Saknini, 404-425-4059, firstname.lastname@example.org
. Website: www.laniercrappieanglers.net
• Lanier Bass Busters
– 6:30 p.m. 2nd Monday at Loretta’s Cafeteria, 4305 Mundy Mill Rd., Oakwood. Monthly tournaments. Dues $180/year include GBF and FLW memberships and tournament pay-outs. Contacts: Dwayne Lee, email@example.com
, Tom Healan, firstname.lastname@example.org
• Lunkers and Liars
- Meets after monthly tournament (see website www.lunkersandliars.com
); members vote on next tournament site. Annual membership $20; tournaments $30 per boat. Fill out contact form on website for additional information.
• Oakwood Striper Club
– 6:30 p.m. first Monday monthly at Zion Hills Baptist Church, 4100 Falcon Pkwy, Flowery Branch. Monthly tournaments. Quarterly dues $25, tournaments $30 per boat. Oakwood Bait (770) 297-7373, www.oakwoodstriperclub.com
• Lake Lanier Striper Club
– 6:30 p.m. first Tuesday monthly at Roanoke Baptist Church, Buford Dam Rd., Cumming. Annual dues $60, tournaments extra, optional dinner at meetings additional $10. Offers monthly fishing outings and annual tournament. Terrell Ivey (404) 386-0376, www.lanierstriperclub.com
• Six Mile Bass Club
– 7 p.m. the first Sunday monthly at Hammond’s Fishing Center, 4255 Browns Bridge Rd., Cumming. Monthly tournaments, six on Lanier. Annual dues $25, plus annual FLW fees and optional BASS Federation Nation fees. Tournaments $30. www.sixmilebassclub.com
Lakeside News is seeking information about other area fishing clubs for listing on our website. Fishing club officers are requested to send information about meeting time and date, location, dues, tournaments, website and contact (phone and/or email) to email@example.com